Our firm is committed to providing all clients with as many resources as possible to assist them through the complex legal proceedings. The key to navigating through the legal process is to obtain as much information as possible and be familiar with the court system. We invite all of our clients to visit the relevant and helpful sites and resources to become familiar with the court website, court location and facilities, and court rules and forms.

Court Links
Santa Clara County Courthouse
The Santa Clara County Superior Court is divided into divisions. Please check where your case is assigned to determine where you need to attend court.

  • Downtown Superior Court
  • Family Court
  • Hall of Justice Court
  • Juvenile Justice Court
  • Notre Dame Court
  • Palo Alto Court
  • Santa Clara Court
  • South County Morgan Hill Court
  • Sunnyvale Court
  • Terrain Court

Department of Child Support Services
Santa Clara County Self-Help
Santa Clara County Online Services
California Court Self-Help

Local Rules and Forms
Every county has unique rules that will apply to your case. It is important that you seek advice from an attorney that practices in your county and is familiar with the local rules and regulations that may be applied to your case. 
Santa Clara County Local Rules
California Judicial Council Forms
Santa Clara County Forms

Our Firm

Stramaglia Luu LLP was established as a local practice with over 15 years of collective experience. Our founding partners take great pride in the firm’s commitment to achieving the best results for all of our clients. We have a demonstrated track record of assisting our clients achieve clarity and final resolution in all their legal matters, no matter how complex. We are highly skilled and knowledgeable with years of experience allowing us to keenly advocate for our client’s needs. Our lawyering skills extend well beyond the courtroom and what sets us apart from others is our genuine desire to help others. We are profoundly committed to giving back to our community in which we serve. We zealously advocate for equal access to resources and believe in community lawyering, especially in communities that are underrepresented. We hope that you find our website helpful and we look forward to serving you. 


Common Questions and Answers 
Often times clients do not know where to begin and can be easily overwhelmed by the court process. Here are some common questions and issues that may come up. It is always recommended that you discuss your concerns with an attorney. 
What documents do I need to gather for my case? 
To have the best possible legal outcome, remember these tips:

  1. Gather all of the relevant facts and documents that may be helpful to your legal issues. Keep a written timeline of events or detailed log of events that have occurred. Keep it factually accurate and be as complete as possible.
  2. Important documents to gather: Driver’s License, Passport, or other Government issued identification, employment authorization, social security cards, children’s birth certificates, a list of addresses you and your family have resided at for the past 5 years, school registration documents, proof of employment, payroll stubs or records, tax returns and W-2.
  3. If you have a pending case, remember to bring copies of all your case files. Gather your case number, name of all parties involved, and copies of all documents filed in the case. If you need to obtain copies of your court records, you must request them from the Court Record’s Department. Be prepared to the Court Clerk your name and the Case Number.

My case involves custody and visitation. What is Orientation and Mediation?

Mediation is a process that allows parents the opportunity to discuss a parenting plan for the care of the children. Prior to attending Mediation, parties must attend Orientation. Orientation can be completed online and you will learn important facts regarding child custody, the mediation process, emotional issues and the children’s needs, parenting and parent communication. Mediation appointments are generally made after you have completed orientation. When Family Court Services has received the intake information from all parties, an appointment for mediation will be mailed to you at the address you provide. Each party may reschedule their mediation appointment once by calling Family Court Services at 408-534-5760

My case involves a lot of assets and property. I don’t know where I need to begin. What proof do I need to gather?

  1. If you have real property, it is important to gather copies of all grant deeds, mortgage statements, property tax statements, and any other documents pertaining to your interest in the property.
  2. If you have bank accounts, it is important to gather copies of all your bank statements, deposit and withdrawal receipts, and bank account numbers.
  3. For all debts, it is important to gather copies of your recent credit report, bank statements, bills, mortgage or loan statements, promissory notes, and credit card statements. 

What do I do if I cannot afford to pay the court filing fee?

If you believe you cannot afford to pay for your court filing fee, you may be eligible for a fee waiver. In order to determine if you qualify, you will need to prepare fee waiver forms. You must submit detailed information about your monthly income and expenses. After you are done completing the forms, you will need to submit it to the Court for determination.